Echeveria Elegans Succulent live plant is a slow and low growing plant. However, it is an outdoor plant this evergreen plant can be used as an indoor plant. It is one of the most popular indoor plants for home and office Desk. This evergreen low maintenance plant is a perfect gift for a garden lover. These stunning decorative little plants are ideal for container gardening and great in and large-scale rock gardens.
This ornament plant is also known as “white Mexican Rose” because it’s a plant with lumps of short rosettes of pale green-blue fleshy leaves. This succulent has fleshy, pointed leaves to store water in its leaves. Lantern-shaped Pink flowers with yellow tips appear on its short stalks during late winter and spring. Echeveria elegans is a succulent evergreen perennial growing to 5 to 10 cm (2 to 4 in) tall by 50 cm (20 in) wide.
Echeveria produces multiple offsets which can be separated from the parents in spring, and grown separately – hence the common name “hen and chicks”, applied to several species within the genus Echeveria.
Scientific Name: Echeveria Elegans
Common Name: Mexican snow ball, Mexican gem, white Mexican rose
Echeveria Elegans Care
- Required low maintenance
- Sunlight: Full sun to filtered shade.
- Soil: Well-drained sandy soil
- Water: Average Water Needs; Water twice a week, it’s better to underwater them than overwater them.
- Temperature: 12 degrees C
- Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer 2 or 3 times in the growing season
- Propagation: By seed, root, stem or leaf cuttings
- Pruning: No Pruning required