Striking Sansevieria Plant is one of the most stylish and easy-to-care houseplants you can have. This plant not only looks great but also contributes to our healthy living. This plant is considered as one of the easiest plants you can grow. This is one of the most tolerant indoor plants. This plant can tolerate low levels of light and drought. Most importantly, Sansevieria is an ideal plant for indoor space as it can remove toxins from the air. Snake Plants absorb toxins and release oxygen.
This plant has sword-like leaves which shoot up from the base. The foliage is stiff, broad, and upright, in a light green colour with dark green striping. This plant has evergreen leaves. These plants can be neglected for weeks at a time, even though their strappy leaves and architectural shape, they still look fresh.
Plants are always considered as an ideal gift for your loved ones. These plants not only help to create a healthy environment but also help to create a lively ambience at home. This plant adds a classy greenish touch to your home decor. Go green and Gift a plant. Let us build a better world for the generations to come.
Scientific Name: Sansevieria trifasciata ‘Laurentii’
Common Names: Mother-In-Law’s Tongue, Variegated Snake Plant, Goldband Sansevieria, Saint George’s sword, and viper’s bowstring hemp.
Native Distribution: Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of Congo)
Striking Sansevieria Plant Care
- Light: Full Sun, Semi-Shade.
- Soil: Dry Soils / Drought, Well-Drained Soils, Saline Soils / Salt Spray, Poor Infertile Soils, Fertile Loamy Soils, Acidic (low pH) Soils, Alkaline (high pH) Soils, Shallow Media (8 -10cm), Easy to Grow
- Water: Little Water. Water your sansevieria once a week.
- Temperature: Daytime temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, and nighttime temperatures between 55 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fertilizer: Add fertilizer every few weeks in the spring and summer.
- Propagation: Leaf Cutting, Storage Organ, Division
- Toxicity: Toxic to pets.
- Pruning: Use a thin knife to cut the individual leaves away, being careful not to damage adjacent leaves. Remove all the leaves that you think are too tall. The smaller, younger leaves will continue to grow and preserve the character of the plant. If you want to grow additional plants, use the pruned leaves to start new ones
Plant Division: Angiosperms
Mode of Nutrition: Autotrophic
Plant Shape: Shrubby
Plant Size: Anywhere from 8 inches to 12 feet high.
- As per Feng Shui, Snake plants are great at enhancing your quality of life, prosperity, intelligence, and strength.
- The Snake Plant has the ability to absorb excessive amounts of Carbon Monoxide and clean the air.
- Releases Night-Time Oxygen.
- Helps fight Allergies and Sick Building Syndrome. The plant may releases moisture in the air and lessens airborne allergens.
- Hard to Kill & Easiest to Maintain
There are no reviews yet.