Cryptanthus Earth Star Plant is terrestrial plant forming rosettes of leaves with wavy margins and teeth. These beautiful slow growing house plants are great for terrarium and tabletop on office or house. Earthstars are very small and have a colour full indoor plants which will add a dash of colour and texture to your living room even without flowers. The parent plant blooms Pinkish white flowers one time in its lifetime. They’re easy to grow, they don’t need constant nurturing, so you can enjoy their beauty without a lot of maintenance. Cryptanthus enjoy humid conditions which make it a wonderful plant for well-lighted bathroom or above the kitchen sink, where the humidity is generally greater.
Cryptanthus Earth Star Plant Care
- light: Cryptanthus will grow in every light condition. For maximum colour bright light is necessary. Get them some filtered sunlight through a window or fluorescent light. Too much light will cause beached spots or holes on the foliage. Low light may cause weak foliage and greening of colour.
- Soil: Cryptanthus love soil that can sustain high moisture levels but doesn’t like standing in water all the time. Use regular potting soil, soilless mixes, or a mixture of peat and sand with perlite.
- Water: Earthstar prefers to be kept moist. So keep them soggy, never let them dried out totally. But avoid overwatering them, Cryptanthus plants do rot when water is standing in the container too long.
- Temperature: 60 °C to 85 °C
- Fertilizer: Feed them diluted balanced organic fertilizer or orchid fertilizer on the growing season. Feed them once a week or whenever you water them.
- Propagation: By dividing rhizomes, tubers, corms or bulbs. New pups are formed on the side of the parent plant.
- Toxicity: Non-Toxic to Kids and pets.
There are no reviews yet.