Zamioculcas Zamiifolia is an evergreen succulent plant for offices and homes decoration. ZZ Plant is widely grown as an ornamental plant, mainly for its attractive glossy dark green foliage. It looks great in the table or windowsill. Zamiifolia plant is one of the Nasa recommended indoor plants that purify the air by removing the toxins benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene and gives oxygen. It is very easy to care and low growing plant. Zanzibar gem needs less water and it bears all conditions of cultivation that’s make it a perfect house plant.
ZZ plant does have pinnate shiny and waxy-looking leaves with thick tuberous fleshy stems. The evergreen leaflets grow in opposing pairs of up to 12 per stem. The trunk stores moisture in times of drought, which makes Zamia ideal for periscope gardens. Zamioculcas Zamiifolia leaves contains high water contents, that’s the reason it can survive extremely well under interior low light levels for many months without water.
Scientific name: Zamioculcas Zamiifolia
Common name: Zanzibar gem, ZZ plant, Zuzu plant, Emerald palm, Aroid palm, Eternity plant
Benefit: Air purifier, Removes benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene from air.
Zamioculcas Zamiifolia care
- light: Moderate to bright indirect light
- Soil: Good well-drained potting soil
- Water: Medium- thrice a week. Over-watering may destroy this plant. Water the plant after the soil fully dried out. Do not use leaf shiners
- Temperature: 18 °C to 26 °C (65° to 79 °F). Hot temperatures give an increase of leaf production
- Fertilizer: Fertilize with a slow release palm food or a diluted house plant food once monthly during the growing season.
- Propagation: by leaf cuttings